IT Operations Manager (f/m/d)
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service. And through the acquisition of the world leader in high resolution radars Astyx we now have an office in Munich.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
IT Operations Manager (f/m/d)
About the role
We're looking for an experienced IT Operations manager to lead our Munich IT operations team and to work closely together with our IT management team in San Francisco. IT Operations is the face of Cruise IT and often the first and last contact that Cruisers have with other IT Teams. IT Operations plays a vital role in providing technical support for the entire Cruise organization and Cruise's extended affiliate teams. Our mission is to provide outstanding service and support in order to unblock Cruisers from doing their best work at Cruise.
- Maturing and developing a technical organization supporting predominantly highly technical engineers
- Co-managing various IT operational functions including tech support, inventory, executive support, audio visual, and collaboration technology
- Work with and report to IT Management US to drive the technical direction for the Munich team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges (ie. staffing requirements, operational maturity, quarterly/yearly business initiatives, etc.)
- Owning service focused IT improvements and growing efficiencies at Cruise Munich
- Act as an ambassador collaborating with multi-functional teams within IT and various business partners
- Ownership of projects with multiple dependencies related to business objectives and improving IT operational maturity
- Proactive engagement with leading IT Operations sprint planning and execution
- Leading career development initiatives, including coaching and mentorship, for all members of IT Operations
- Be the main point of contact for our San Francisco team for IT Ops-related issue
- Promoting a culture of giving and receiving feedback
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ year(s) hands-on technical support experience in a modern enterprise environment (ie. Linux, macOS, Windows, Okta, Slack, Google Workspace, Atlassian)
- 3+ year(s) running a large technical support/operations team in a modern enterprise environment
- 3+ year(s) of experience running/leading technical projects
- Experience handling external vendors, such as VARs, MSPs, procurement, etc.
- Professional business English
- Potential travel 25%+ within Germany and Europe
Nice to have:
- German language proficiency
- ITIL Certification (or comparable)
- Agile Certification/Methodologies
- Experience with the following:
- Office build outs
- Working in/supporting R&D engineering tech startups
- IT Asset Management and process
- Supporting large desktop fleet of Ubuntu endpoints
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go
- Competitive salary including a performance bonus
- Capital accumulating benefits
- Membership in the Body & Soul gym
- Weekly English courses during working hours
- Modern technology and modern-equipped offices
- Free parking in our garage
- Subsidized canteen near the office
- Fresh fruit every week
- Free water and coffee
We look forward to receiving your application:
Please provide your application documents with details of salary expectations and the next possible entry date.